Do i really need Co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irish.OG87

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys, i have a 36g bf and have recently purchased a led light fixture 10000k.... it has 36 1watt white led's, 6 1watt blue led's, and lumens is 2610. idk what other specs i need to link.

But my question is....using this light would i have to do anything special like co2 injection or anything like that, i dont know anything about the co2 stuff only that is helps with algae right??

All i want to do grow easy/moderate plants in my 36g bf, nothing crazy hard anyting like that, just enough to gradually get info on planted and lighting so i can get better with it.
Any help it greatly appreciated, thx.

I think you'll need CO2 injection. I've got 30W of LEDs on my 20H and I had a GSA outbreak in less than 24 hours with the LEDs cranked and no CO2 injection. You've got a bigger tank, but LEDs are pretty powerful.

I think you'll need CO2 injection. I've got 30W of LEDs on my 20H and I had a GSA outbreak in less than 24 hours with the LEDs cranked and no CO2 injection. You've got a bigger tank, but LEDs are pretty powerful.

thx for ur help, wud getting half fake and half real plants eliminate a gsa outbreak and not having to get co2 injection.
reason im not too keen on co2 injection is, its probably expensive and too techy for me to do.

The number of plants is not a factor. Jims rec is based on the lighting you have on the tank.

Back
Top Bottom