Do they ever stop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeFeKt

Aquarium Advice Addict
not a question-just a rant :)

As some may know I introduced some stuartgranti 'chipoka' peacocks into my nicely balanced mbuna/hap community.
A small tiff between a latifasciata male and the chipoka male called for a largish water change to calm things down a bit.
Well...due to that water change i've now got 5 spawns in total,
2 cobue(5cm first time mums)
2 latifaciata
and a dimi comp had another false spawn.

crikey, do they ever stop?

Congrats! No I hate to tell you this but no they do not stop! I had to get rid of some of mine, they were spitting fry every 2 months, literally. And you wonder why I have 11 soon to be 12 tanks. (After 12 I'm done!)

You and me both. :ROFLMAO: Seriously though, you will have fry like crazy. Something about summer and spawning I think.

Doh, I keep forgetting you have exactly the opposite weather. Well you just shot my theory out the window. LOL

Zagz said:
Congrats! No I hate to tell you this but no they do not stop! I had to get rid of some of mine, they were spitting fry every 2 months, literally. And you wonder why I have 11 soon to be 12 tanks. (After 12 I'm done!)

You think your done? LOL. Never underestimate MTS, LOL.

Doh, I keep forgetting you have exactly the opposite weather.

Yea, Not everyone can be normal like us aussies :D

to be honest I had just as many spawns at the beginning of the year, 12 in 3 mnths from 4 females, so i'm confused as to what climate they prefer to spawn

I think a good water change is enough to give the temp fluctuation thats needed to start the spawn, fresh water and the ph change helps too!

Are you calling us normal? Is MTS NORMAL? I'm aussie and i got it bad! :lol:

DeFeKt said:
Doh, I keep forgetting you have exactly the opposite weather.

Yea, Not everyone can be normal like us aussies :D

to be honest I had just as many spawns at the beginning of the year, 12 in 3 mnths from 4 females, so i'm confused as to what climate they prefer to spawn

Perhaps someone placed a fertility hex on your house. :)

Back
Top Bottom