Do you have rams? Lets share pics! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is my pair of GBRs.

86602-albums13553-picture64147.jpg

My Ram called Sausage lol :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1389991397234.jpg
    1389991397234.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 122
image-2714995087.jpg

My new sad lil girl/guy, saw em sitting all alone at the Lfs and had to have him! Chilling in qt for a bit.. Meet Happy!

Awesome. Rams are one of the coolest freshwater fish.

I want some discus though.

Male or Female?

I bought a new GBR and not sure if it is male or female.

I currently have a female in the tank. Both were bought from the same store. I bought one Thursday, then had non-buyer's regret and went back to buy the other on Friday. When the new fish joined the female in the tank, she acted very excited and put on a display as if they were previously a mated pair and had been re-united. However, now that "he" has colored up, "he" has a pink tint. As for the fins, its hard to tell but they often look rounded and not pointed. What do you guys think? Here's the best picture I could get of the fish before I added to the tank.

screen capture software

To me, looks like a female. If you can get a good side picture without the bag, we can give you a better idea

What's a good indication of gender? I was thinking of getting her a little buddy.

If they have red, they're almost always females. Males have a smooth head where girls have more pointy foreheads. Males usually have a big dorsal spike and no blue dots in their black dot. But just because they do or do not have one of those doesn't mean they're definitely that gender

I've found that the best tell is their bellies. Females will have red bellies and males will not have any red at all. I have a picture of both of mine posted a few posts back (posted on Jan 8 2014) to take a look. Its also in my album.

Back
Top Bottom