Do you have rams? Lets share pics! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Talbot's look like Bolivians, or lower grade German Rams. But they look pretty Bolivian to me. Is it possible for a Bolivian and German Ram to breed and produce viable offspring? Kinda looks like that's what happened.

Talbot's look like Bolivians, or lower grade German Rams. But they look pretty Bolivian to me. Is it possible for a Bolivian and German Ram to breed and produce viable offspring? Kinda looks like that's what happened.

Not sure, but there are quite a few traits his rams have that Bolivians don't.

But yeah maybe a hybrid?

This is what I believe to be my male Bolivian ram

img_2440288_0_19fb9335bf4478a4dd3c1168d9718de7.jpg

Talbots are GBRs. My females look just look them. They're just low grade I think.
I see nothing resembling a Bolivian. Ill go take a pic of my female and post a picture.

First ones my male. He's actually pretty high quality (sailfin type).
The next is my female.

Sorry for absolutely terrible picture. Don't have a good camera right now.

Attachments

• image-4003066563.jpg
    image-4003066563.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 151
  • image-1373229805.jpg
    image-1373229805.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 172
They look great, thanks for sharing! From the pictures, it seems like you have a really nice aquascape too!

Thanks ill post a pic of the scape tomorrow I'm working on going co2 injected because excel isn't cutting it

Congrats! I will be looking our for your new Rams!

thanks!! They should be here tomorrow, so once I acclimate and get them settled a bit I'll post some pictures.

I dont remember if I said this or not in my last post, but I will need help sexing them if they are even sexable sized when I recieve them. Seller said they were "Medium" but I didn't get an actual size. All he said was to keep them in a breeder net for a while.....That sounds kind of wrong right? I have a 10 gallon opened up for them that I'd rather put them in, but if it's really better for them to be in a small space like that after shipping I can do the breeder net thing.
I personally don't trust the seller at all, he keeps all his rams in 10 gallon tanks, 25+ in each tank...he feeds frozen beefheart and baby brine (I heard beefheart isn't healthy for fish, and baby brine is, but shouldn't they be a bit big for BBS?), and he doesn't know what other types of food I would be safe using. I asked about using frozen adult brine and all he said was "i dont know, you'll have to try it and see" -- I wish I would have talked to the seller more in depth before I bid and paid....

Anyways, I'll probably be needing a lot of questions answered so please keep an eye out for a thread or two...

thanks!! They should be here tomorrow, so once I acclimate and get them settled a bit I'll post some pictures.

I dont remember if I said this or not in my last post, but I will need help sexing them if they are even sexable sized when I recieve them. Seller said they were "Medium" but I didn't get an actual size. All he said was to keep them in a breeder net for a while.....That sounds kind of wrong right? I have a 10 gallon opened up for them that I'd rather put them in, but if it's really better for them to be in a small space like that after shipping I can do the breeder net thing.
I personally don't trust the seller at all, he keeps all his rams in 10 gallon tanks, 25+ in each tank...he feeds frozen beefheart and baby brine (I heard beefheart isn't healthy for fish, and baby brine is, but shouldn't they be a bit big for BBS?), and he doesn't know what other types of food I would be safe using. I asked about using frozen adult brine and all he said was "i dont know, you'll have to try it and see" -- I wish I would have talked to the seller more in depth before I bid and paid....

Anyways, I'll probably be needing a lot of questions answered so please keep an eye out for a thread or two...

I agree with the breeder net scenario, joe told me the same thing. I put all four in my 40 community and two died to natural and territorial issues. Right now I have a nice pair thriving. I feed mine bloodworms and they are doing great I've heard bad things about beef heart as well. Just acclimate properly and have PLENTY of hiding places to reduce stress. They will probably be about 1.5-2 inches long when you get em and very grey. Mine took about a week or two to color out nicely

This electric blue ram was awesome. Sadly it died within 48 hours in my tank. That was also the priciest fish I've ever bought-- $25!

Attachments

• image-2920476315.jpg
    image-2920476315.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 157

Wow! 25+ in a 10 gallon? I see why you would find that sketchy. Idk about beef heart for rams, but I know a lot of people suggest it for Discus.

Back
Top Bottom