Do you talk to your fish ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I talk to my gourami since I got him. He is smart and comes front of tank whe I ask him to . I keep telling him don't eat my guppy fry . So far he has not . I got him last night

I get in trouble for talking to them because my husband doesnt know if I'm talking to him or fish.

I been telling y male dwarf gouramies to get slog and they do lol my fish listen to me

I talk to all my pets! I usually talk to my fish about how their day was. My parents look at me a bit funny, but then my dad turns around and talks to the kitten so I don't really care.

Why just talk, ask questions I do, Move left is yes move right is no its interesting how easy decisions are when your office goldfish decides for you! So far life is good :)

Why just talk, ask questions I do, Move left is yes move right is no its interesting how easy decisions are when your office goldfish decides for you! So far life is good :)

So funny, I hope they are just counselors and not the official decision makers!!!

Welcome to the group!

I'm slightly ashamed of the amount I talk to mine. Especially my kribs, like, "Who do you think you're looking at buddy. Move along." Whatever though, sometimes it's very therapeutic. Being in college is stressful beyond belief and sometimes it's the little things that get you through the day.

Ps I don't agree with Candyman - my fish are far more intelligent than I expected. They know the exact time for dinner and each has a distinct personality.

lol...cute and definitely true

i talk to mine .. i tell them U no breed I no feed

haahaa...good one

I like to say hi to my fish. But often find myself just staring at them. My mom likes to walk in at that moment and say "hey, are you spazzing?" lol

I stare all the time....sometimes I dont know which tank out of 5 to stare at

well I now believe fish understand (although like cats they may not listen)..last night I threatened my female guppies that they either had babies or I was putting the male back in with them this morning (its been over a month and we were thinking we were just feeding them and making them fat, not preggers)...so far I count 5 new guppies LOL

uh oh....cool...

So funny, I hope they are just counselors and not the official decision makers!!!

Welcome to the group!

haahah I agree

I read somewhere that interacting with fish like a cat or dog actually promotes good health. Not sure if it's true but it couldn't hurt I guess. I talk to my fish. Especially my cichlid because he seems to be the grumpy one and I feel he needs the most attention right now.

I read somewhere that interacting with fish like a cat or dog actually promotes good health. Not sure if it's true but it couldn't hurt I guess. I talk to my fish. Especially my cichlid because he seems to be the grumpy one and I feel he needs the most attention right now.

Lol reminds me of castaway with tom hanks and his coconut named wilson xD

Caught myself talking to the fish at petco today, was embarrassed when another customer started talking to me out of nowhere. (I was talking to the fish lol )

Lol reminds me of castaway with tom hanks and his coconut named wilson xD

Caught myself talking to the fish at petco today, was embarrassed when another customer started talking to me out of nowhere. (I was talking to the fish lol )

Lol gotta love that and when they start taking you give a puzzled look lol

I'm a vet tech, so it comes natural to my career. I have never worked with anyone else in the field who doesn't talk to their pets or the ones we are treating. Especially because I work in ER, it's necessary to calm them down sometimes... So naturally I talk to my fish too... Not conversations per se, just tidbits of info. Lol.

I'm a vet tech, so it comes natural to my career. I have never worked with anyone else in the field who doesn't talk to their pets or the ones we are treating. Especially because I work in ER, it's necessary to calm them down sometimes... So naturally I talk to my fish too... Not conversations per se, just tidbits of info. Lol.

I think its just natural

Back
Top Bottom