does adding water increase bio-load?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wherearepeople

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,
I am adding a basement sump to my 90G that has about 120 Lbs of LR, a medium yellow tang, two fire fish, two damsels, and a large clarkii clown. I have several soft corals and a few LPS. It has a berlin protein skimmer that reads 75-220G and an amiricle wet dry with the bio balls removed. I am adding in total 85G to the system and over all three tanks a 55G, A 20G, and two 10's. Initially i am just going to plumb in the system and add enough freshly mixed salt water to allow the pump to run. the tank volume is nearly doubling but because there is no additional bio-load will i need to make an equipment changes other than more heaters?

Added water volume is always a good thing. It should lower the bioload because of the added water volume provided you have not added any more livestock. BTW welcome to AA.

Adding water volume won't lower the bioload, it just raises the maximum bioload that a system can handle. If you're confident that your pumps will move enough water, you shouldn't need more than another heater.

Back
Top Bottom