Does anyone have a radion fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking of getting two but I was wondering if there is anything better I was missing or what people think

I used to have a radion they are worth the money I have a vertex 48" fixture that I like better. I would get either a radion, reeftech, or my favorite is vertex. The reeftec lighting strikes look like a strobe light radion does a Much better job

I just got my first of 2 radions today. Amazing light. I cant wait to get it up and running after fiddling with it. Just have to find a way to hang w/ cathedral ceilings...

I just got my first of 2 radions today. Amazing light. I cant wait to get it up and running after fiddling with it. Just have to find a way to hang w/ cathedral ceilings...

You are gonna spend HOURS messing with the programming! me and my LFS spent hours just playing with his and we hardly went into hardcore programming. lol

have fun!

have you thought of hanging with something like this?

Current Hanging Arm Lighting Assembly, Aquarium Lighting Power | PetSolutions

I bought it to hang my LED fixture over my 60g rimless, I too have vaulted ceilings so I am pretty much screwed if I wanna hang lights. :)

I have a radion as well. To be honest, I put it in Natural mode, set the sunrise and sunset to mimic the great barrier reef, and that's it. Though I did start at 60% intensity and go up 10% weekly for four weeks. I think it's great.

I upgraded from a 4-bulb AquaticLife T5 with ATI bulbs and the difference is huge.

They also work with my MP10's which I like.

I believe guiessman has some wall hangers that work with the hanging kit.

I'm thinking about switching to "Artificial" mode, which is manual programming because now my lights ramp up from 6:30a till 2pm and then ramp back down. They are only at MAX for a few minutes.

Mrsaltwatertank has a good starting point for manual programming.

Those arms would do the job prob...but pricey. After spending so much on lighting, and still need another one, I'm looking into cheaper options. If I come across a clothing rack somewhere I'm totally going to strip it down for use.

So excited I can't wait to get it!!! Ha I wish they would do a discount on one if you bought multiples! But oh well

I'm thining of getting the mp20 or 30 model. I can't drill my tank thou its all tempered so I have to wait and get a new tank. I just don't feel like a move though

I wonder if I can get them to sync with the storm mode on my light and increase flow

I don't think that it syncs with the "storm mode" yet. It does sync with feeding mode and night mode.

From what I read that there was an update that allowed them to sync storm mode. I'm not sure as I don't have any of their powerheads. Tomorrow afternoon when I'm off work I'll read the patch notes.

There was an upgrade to the software earlier this week, and it might have done just that. I didn't read all the updates, so it's possible.

I can try it tomorrow.

I love led lighting. They are so high tech and beautifully made. People say they cost to much but I don't care. I make money to spend money

Ha and I'm about to spend all of mine on these two fixtures

I have a radion as well. You will love the lights. Not the instructions!

Oh yeah, by the way. I set mine up and configured it by watching the YouTube video on my phone when I configured the light. The powerheads were the easy part. They r user friendly

I'm obviously missing something... It took me less than 60 seconds to get the light set-up, on natural mode, and to sync up the powerheads is only a matter of checking a box.

What are you finding difficult? Maybe there is more to the fixture than I am working with, and in that case, I wanna play too!!! ;)

I'm going to change to artificial tomorrow and follow Mrsaltwatertank's settings to see how it goes. Maybe I'll see what all the fuss is about then.

Good for you. Anyone who would set the sunrise and sunset to mimic the great barrier reef probably spends more time with these things than I care to. I have mine set on natural mode. No storms. No clouds. 50% intensity. I'm good to go.

Lol, I didn't mean it badly, I just wanted to dig a little deeper to see what's up. Honestly, I just don't want folks to be discouraged out of getting such an awesome light.

I agree, the instructions, or lack there of was crazy. I'll probably run into the same issues when I try to go artificial tomorrow.

I went basic too with Natural mode, no clouds or storms, started at 60% and raised up 10% weekly.

As for my time settings, I just googled the sunrise and set of the GBR, and it popped up. Just thought it'd be neat. All I had to set was the start time and end time.

I haven't even tried the new upgrade yet, so hopefully it's not any harder.

When I first got mine, I had no idea what I had to do to set the program and enter the mode. Then I found the video. It took some research. And I also remember having trouble entering the natural mode. Which has to be done by manually pressing and holding the cycle button. Was confusing because I thought it could be done through the program. I can set mine in less than 60 seconds now, but not when I 1st started

Back
Top Bottom