Does anyone have a "wet pet"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine would be curious! I'm sure yours would think, woo dinner!

I know one thing, they would both be smiling! All puffers have a grin!:D

No, my guys very peaceful. They are supposed to be non invert or coral safe but ive never seen mins touch anything or anyone in the tank, but he fears nothing or no one, not even humans! He comes up to my hand when its in the tank, and somtimes he will even knudge my with his beak. Mine is curious aswell, he will investigate anything in the tank or as far as he can see outside of the tank.

Gotta love the puffers!

No, my guys very peaceful. They are supposed to be non invert or coral safe but ive never seen mins touch anything or anyone in the tank, but he fears nothing or no one, not even humans! He comes up to my hand when its in the tank, and somtimes he will even knudge my with his beak. Mine is curious aswell, he will investigate anything in the tank or as far as he can see outside of the tank.

Gotta love the puffers!

Agree with the observation of the outside world and the lack of fear!
If he's peaceful like you say it will be just be a GRIN-FEST:D

Some day I really want to get a 75 and put a pair of 5-7" sa chiclids in it... I just can't have multiple tanks at the moment and can only dream... I once had crayfish for a few months and the py were super fun! Me and my neighbors kept them in a tank we setup outside in the summer and got to see them molt and hand fed them! One day I would like to get some again!

Some day I really want to get a 75 and put a pair of 5-7" sa chiclids in it... I just can't have multiple tanks at the moment and can only dream... I once had crayfish for a few months and the py were super fun! Me and my neighbors kept them in a tank we setup outside in the summer and got to see them molt and hand fed them! One day I would like to get some again!

I would do a pair of Salvinis or jack dempsey a when you get to that point! They are both absolutely amazing.

This is our wetpet - Moses the crayfish. He is what has started our fascination with all things wet..

He is currently hanging out with our little fish, hasn't eaten one and doesn't seem phased by them at all, but I've been offered another 3ft tank that I'm picking up today so over the next week once we fix it up and set it up that will become his new home.

I watched him molt 2 nights ago - AMAZING!!

Cool Cray. Never had them before. I worry about htem messing wiht my fish so i will admire them in the LFs for now.

My valentini puffer, he get fed frozen every day and wont except anything else lol. I love hand feeding him krill too. Hes the boss of the tank so everyone stays out of his way.

Very nice Valentini. One puffer that I have never owned cute little guys though.

I would do a pair of Salvinis or jack dempsey a when you get to that point! They are both absolutely amazing.

I have both and think they are both great, they are in with Firemouths which I also love. I now want a jag but I have to get another tank. I think 1 large male would look cool in a tank.

Cool Cray. Never had them before. I worry about htem messing wiht my fish so i will admire them in the LFs for now.

Yes well I would be concerned if I had awesome amazing fish - but nope - not yet... But soon.. Very soon.. Just have to get all equipment organised :) My cray is super docile - he hasn't shown much attitude at all yet....

Yes well I would be concerned if I had awesome amazing fish - but nope - not yet... But soon.. Very soon.. Just have to get all equipment organised :) My cray is super docile - he hasn't shown much attitude at all yet....

Thats because they opportunistic hunters. they will grab fish while they are sleeping at night. Most crayfish owners say there cray is docile until fish start disappearing. I wouldn't risk it. Also if you do bigger fish when you get your tank they may wait for the cray to molt and then eat him when his shell is soft.

Good luck with your new tank it is always an exciting time.

Thats because they opportunistic hunters. they will grab fish while they are sleeping at night. Most crayfish owners say there cray is docile until fish start disappearing. I wouldn't risk it. Also if you do bigger fish when you get your tank they may wait for the cray to molt and then eat him when his shell is soft. Good luck with your new tank it is always an exciting time.

Thanks for the tips - I still have my original number of fish - but if he eats them so be it for now - they are only mosquito fish and I didn't pay for them (kids found them) but they have inspired me to get back into fish keeping.

I'm thinking if getting guppies, neons and a Maybe a mollie - they should all be ok in a tank (without crayfish) together shouldn't they?

Thanks for the tips - I still have my original number of fish - but if he eats them so be it for now - they are only mosquito fish and I didn't pay for them (kids found them) but they have inspired me to get back into fish keeping.

I'm thinking if getting guppies, neons and a Maybe a mollie - they should all be ok in a tank (without crayfish) together shouldn't they?

Those are all great together. That was actually my first tank set up when I was 9. I had some danios in there as well.

Do these guys count? :p

942352_687028897980867_501633198_n.jpg

404140_525792554104503_1842661791_n.jpg

I've had a single betta. The last one was in a planted 5 gallon for 3 years. At the end I think he went blind he had a really hard time getting his food.

Back
Top Bottom