Does anyone have an eel in the tank with inverts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy-from-NY

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I would like to know if it's possible to have several different forms of inverts in your tank with the following fish:

Fish in my tank are:
Humu Trigger (3") , Niger Trigger (3") , Green Bird Wrasse(6") , Ghost Eel(12") & Snowflake Eel(12") , Pinkspot Goby (Big 4")

Inverts I would like in my tank:

Blue Linckia Starfish
White Sand Sifting Star
Tiger Serpent Starfish
Long Spine Urchin
Mexican Turbo Grazer Snail
Cerith Snail
Fire Shrimp
Cleaner Shrimp
Gold Coral Banded Coral Shrimp

Please let me know.

Hey, my fish are not eating at all, maybe they will intice them to eat lol, let me know if anyone has this form of set up.

I have cucumbers and stars in my eel tank and plan on adding urchins. But, shrimp are always on the menu for most predators.

Hara said:
I have cucumbers and stars in my eel tank and plan on adding urchins. But, shrimp are always on the menu for most predators.

I head that cucumbers can wipe out a tank if they die or get stressed, is that true?

Even if the inverts lived the shrimp at least, they would never come out of hiding so you would never see them anyways. It's either a community fish with inverts or a predator tank. You can't have both.... most of the time.

One thing is that all of my crustaceans were in first then the eel so im not really sure about eel first then crustaceans. Also your wrasse might eat them too not just the eel. You can still try but all that money you might spend on the crustaceans might go down the drain.

Best of luck,
Brian

Back
Top Bottom