Does anyone know about blastos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stlrockguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a fire and ice blasto frag and I was wondering how they grow. If they'll create their own base or if they need to be on a rock since right now I have it on my sand bed on the frag holder

image-3497365925.jpg

How long have you had them? They don't look very good with the tissue receeding like that. They grow buy using calcium to build the skeleton that you see, in simpliest terms. But they need stable parameters and proper lighting. What are your parameters and lighting?

That pic was taken the day I got it. About 2 weeks ago. Looks much better now. Only thing wrong with my water is nitrates which stay around 5ppm. But that could be wrong since I have an API test kit. Dimmable LEDs.

Yes, that is MUCH better. They will grow outwards with little heads building on the side and growing larger as time goes on. Nice job on a coral recovery btw.

Thank you. I haven't seen many frags of them. Normally I see full heads. So I wasn't sure on it. You should see the recovery I did with my anemone

Back
Top Bottom