does anyone know what these are?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

factorboa

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know wat these are? they are growing on the live rock

Attachments

• DSC01329.jpg
    DSC01329.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC01330.jpg
    DSC01330.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 50
Pics are really too blurry to tell for sure. I would guess the 1st is a zoa or paly polyp and the 2nd a sponge.

I agree, tough to see but I think Larry has it.

sorry i know they r bad pics best i could get with the light, u know any sites for poly looks like when it grows? thank u all :) very helpful:)

what sort of sponge is it gd and ok? :) sorry need info for future use:) thank u very much again

Judging from the picture it looks like one of the more deadly sponges. I believe that it belongs to the porifera hydroninjaattack classification. I would be careful with my hands anywhere near it as it may become aggressive and retaliate by throwing a small serpent star. :silly:

They are a good thing to have....and they don't always last. Sometimes they grow...then die.....then pop-up somewhere else....only to die again.

ahhh ok lol, thats gd i keep it then thank u very much i just hope i get a picture of the worm i saw 2 weeks ago it disapeared when i went to get my camera, havent found it on any of the worm sites lol , thank u very much i have that sponge and five things iof the polys growing on my rocks and other bits of weird corals growing, its been runing since july with the live rock :) all my aptisa died( i think thats how i spell it lol ) peppermint shrimp sorted that out for me. Have u ever seen a purple worm have asked other people then they normally send a link of worms but not on there. Its purple white colar 3/4 way up body .I just dont want to move my live rock to get closer pocs :) thank u very much for all your help all

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom