Does anyone know what this is

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does that have legs and eyes? I can't really make it out. Take it out of the tank and put it in a dixie cup or something with some tank water and take pictures. It will show up better on the white back ground...

Just finished reading about them, now I know what has been happening to my snails and crabs, btw I just lost an emerald crab any way that Mantis was the culprit?

Yes he's the culprit! You can take him out and put him in a small dedicated tank or take him back to the fish store. People pay good money for them!

They are pretty cool, but if you're wanting anything else in the tank, you'll need to take him out. He will kill EVERYTHING you put in there with him. You could start another tank for him if you want to keep him, or take him back to the LFS and see if you can get store credit for him or if they'll just take him.

Crazy how I never noticed it before...it killed at least 4 crabs a snails... Thanks for all the info

Crazy how I never noticed it before...it killed at least 4 crabs a snails... Thanks for all the info

They can be pretty ninja-like sometimes. Seems like he's gotten pretty comfortable now, since he's at the glass practically waving hello. Haha

Awesome hitch hiker! I would toss him in the sump if you have one. Where is the rock from? Florida by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom