Does anyones clown bite them when working in the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bear85

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was putting a new power head in as well as some coral today and all of a sudden my clown Callie just kept attacking my hands !! Thank god she does not have teeth :)

They are territorial and will do that. No fear at all, they just go after anything they think is invading their turritory.

yup my yellow banded maroon clown bites almost feels like a electric jolt and yes it smarts
he's about 5 inch

Haha that's awesome ! I don't mind ! Does anyone know is it normal for the clown to bite and try to eat my new bubble tip anemone ? I just put it in today and she has bite it a couple times

Sounds like she is going to be hosting it, mine did that with my Duncan before she hosted it.

Mine nips me also, he sees my hand enter the tank and thinks mmmmm here comes dinner. Then if I'm just doing a bit of maintenance he's like hey I'm here feed me, then a little nip just to remind me of his presence. As long as my foxface keeps away from my hands I'm not to bothered lol.

my maroon clowns sucks on the tips of my torch till it opens up than feeds it , it's hilarious just watching what they do , I think that is the price he has to pay to be allowed to host it lol
my clarkie also sucks the tips of my toadstool befor he brings it a small treat

My clarkie don't like when I rearrange he will knock things over if I move them he was my first spoiled brat . Now if I have a new frag I just place it on the sand and he will move it where he likes it , most of the time he finds the perfect spot

if they didn't do what they do they wouldn't be clowns

mine sucks on the tips of my torch till it opens up than feeds it , it's hilarious just watching what they do , I think that is the price he has to pay to be allowed to host it lol

That explains why my clown sucks on the tips of my hammer coral. I was lost, I couldn't figure out what she was doing.

Back
Top Bottom