Does this look like fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MareMare

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my butterfly betta since July and somewhere in October I noticed his fins look smaller. I did test water and found ammonia so I chamged out most of the water. Water tested perfectly after that. I have a heater which is usually between 76 and 78. He's active, eats vigorously when I feed him like he's starving. I feed him small amounts 2 times a day. I bought aquarium salt but want advice before I use it. I also read that I should increase water conditioner. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks from me and Henry Finn!IMG_5360.jpg

Yeah that looks a little bit like fin rot, not terrible tho so good eye catching that! I've treated fin rot on mine before with salt and upped the temperature slightly and it seemed to help so I would say go for it! And it's always good to use 2x the recommended amount of conditioner just to make sure and help any slime coat problems :)

How much salt? He's in a 3.5 gallon tank. Would it be just under a tablespoon or a bit more?

Back
Top Bottom