d'oh moments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themox

Aquarium Advice Activist
so...

don't put a molly into a newly set up planted tank (as a secondary measure for clearing some algae) when the plants aren't exactly rooted sufficiently yet.

the little guy started eating algae that had settled on some of the plants...and got a bit rough...with ALL my carpeted hemianthus, and hornwort. i woke up this morning and found the majority of the plants all ripped and floating! it IS my fault but he's not in my good books! lol. lucky he's a cute little guy...

nothing really else to add, just thought i'd share my "d'oh!" moment :facepalm:

anyone had anything similar?? share it!

I have a similar one, but it dosent involve a fish. Before when my tank was heavily planted, I saw a rotting plant in the back of the tank, so I decided I should go get it. Well, I reached for the dead piece with some tweezers and uprooted 7 plants thanks to my shaky hands, and ended up dropping the stainless steel tweezers in the tank, flattening all my ambulia, and almost squishing a RCS:/

Austin.b said:
I have a similar one, but it dosent involve a fish. Before when my tank was heavily planted, I saw a rotting plant in the back of the tank, so I decided I should go get it. Well, I reached for the dead piece with some tweezers and uprooted 7 plants thanks to my shaky hands, and ended up dropping the stainless steel tweezers in the tank, flattening all my ambulia, and almost squishing a RCS:/

Haha niiceeee

Other than my doh moments just starting off...

I threw away a perfectly good java fern because it looked wrinkly and bad, little did I know, that's how they really look :(

Back
Top Bottom