Dont know why everything died.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I kind of agree with the well water issue. There can be so many issues with well water that does not go through a RO/DI unit. If not using one then there can be issues that you can not test for. I would not use well water with out a RO/DI unit. You can get them for a pretty good price on ebay.

Yes I do agree too. & years ago I had it tested and it was fine. That was a lifetime ago. Samples are in the lab I will find out. But....I have a feeling it could be my tank. I had it stored in a shed for 5 years(I scrubbed it very good before adding water) and just recently found out that they were spraying pesticides in it. :( I think it might have leeched into my silicone.

The Test is in! Not what I wanted to hear. It's my tank. Tap and well water were fine. Tank had high levels of Arsenic in it. :( Bad storage. :( Anyone have a 90G to give away? lol

So would my Rock and substrate be useless now? Filters? I figure the Arsenic must be in the silicone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be pretty concerned about how that much arsenic is in/around where you store things...as for anything being able to leach its way into silicone that is news to me. Was the tank properly scrubbed prior to set up?
That aside, I'm not sure how arsenic will interact with the porous rock and sand we work with in our systems. When it comes to the amount of time and money I put into mine, I'd work on the side of caution and start all over from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom