Dosing medicine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Do I have to remove my filter media when dosing furan-2 and kanaplex?

Before I answer that question, I remember your filter being gravity fed sponges that looked unused they were so clean. So tell me why you're preparing to use Furan-2 and Kanaplex in the 1st place?

My fish has columnaris
If you're sure it's columnaris, you only need the Furan-2 and it will not kill the beneficial bacteria in your filter system. It also treats a lot of other fish diseases as well. Aren't sponges the only things you have in your filter? The only thing you would have to take out is any pads or bags with carbon (charcoal) in them. Otherwise just treat with the Furan-2 and leave the filter in tact. Put away the other medication or take it back to the pet shop for refund or credit.

I would remove it. Take a bowl or container of tank water and put it in that til your done. I kanaplex says to remove. Furan-2 You'll have to replace the carbon and change out cartridge anyways. Good luck! That's a bad one to deal with.

As of right now, drjallen3 will no longer be a part of any aquarium forums.
I would remove it. Take a bowl or container of tank water and put it in that til your done. I snapped says to remove. Furan-2 You'll have to replace the carbon and change out cartridge anyways. Good luck! That's a bad one to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom