Dots on inside of glass...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mgrassi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I have pictures attached of these weird cluster of dots on the inside of my freshwater tank. Are they calcium deposits, some strange algae, or something else? My water params are all normal (ammonia: 0ppm, nitrite: 0ppm, nitrate: 5-10ppm, ph: 7.0, GH: 150ppm, KH: 110-120ppm)

They are predominant on the side exposed to natural light (no artificial lighting). The dots do not move and seem adhered to the glass (I can't remove them just by suction). I've never had snails, so....

Also, please excuse the wispy things on the inside. I had removed a dying/dead marimo ball a while ago, and its few little sheddings are still floating places.

I only have RCS (2 adult, 30 babies :eek:) and 1 amano in it. I see one baby hovering over them right now, so there's a good chance he/she may be eating some of it...?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2563.jpg
    IMG_2563.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2573.jpg
    IMG_2573.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 59
Those really look like snail eggs to me. Do you have plants in the tank?

I've never had snails. The only real "plant" I've had was a marimo ball, but I've had it for almost 2 months, and these never showed up

I still vote snail eggs :). See if you start to see snails show up in a few weeks.

Could be some other kind of egg too... but I see those all the time in my planted tanks.

Back
Top Bottom