Dottybacks, who's got them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It likes to hide when the lights are off, but it is usually fine when they are on. It sometimes gets a little scared when a bigger fish swims by.

I just realised that my webpage at work has links to some of my papers on dottybacks. Mostly these are technical papers, but they do have colour photographs of many of the new species, so perhaps may be of interest. Unfortunately my large 2004 pseudochromine revision is not available electronically. My webpage is: Dr Tony Gill - Sydney University Museums - The University of Sydney

Tony

If there are any dottyback fans in the Sydney area, I'll be giving a talk on the 5th of November at the monthly meeting of ANGFA-NSW on the taxonomy of dottybacks. The meeting is at the Australian Museum, and will start at 7 pm. The talk will give an overview of my 30 years of research on dottybacks .... but will be fairly low on the science side. Instead there will be plenty of pretty pictures, covering about 3/4 of the 150 described species (with a few undescribed ones thrown in for good measure).

Tony

I have the skunk dotty back. He a little aggressive towards my chromis' that goes near his spot. Skiddish when I go near the tank still.

I have a purple dottyback that had to be moved from my 29g after he killed a fish and almost killed another. He is now in a 125g with nasty tangs and fits right in. lol

Back
Top Bottom