Double aquarium stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I live in a smaller home but am addicted to aquariums. With my recently acquired 125 gallon aquarium I had to figure out a way to make the best use of the limited space. I decided to do a DIY double aquarium stand. I finished building it yesterday. All I have left to do is varnish it and then I am going to start a fish less cycle. My wife's 55 gallon gold fish tank will be going on the top where the elk antlers are and my 125 going on the bottom.

Attachments

• image-4254312040.jpg
    image-4254312040.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 437
Here is the finished stand with the 125 gallon cycling.

Attachments

• image-3056912708.jpg
    image-3056912708.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,257
Well I live in a smaller home but am addicted to aquariums. With my recently acquired 125 gallon aquarium I had to figure out a way to make the best use of the limited space. I decided to do a DIY double aquarium stand. I finished building it yesterday. All I have left to do is varnish it and then I am going to start a fish less cycle. My wife's 55 gallon gold fish tank will be going on the top where the elk antlers are and my 125 going on the bottom.

I did the same thing! 55 on top and bottom

img_2637546_0_30d2ef854180a584091931676dbc4a97.jpg

Thanks aquandrew! Between my wife and I we had about 30 hours invested into it. We have the deal that I build things strong and she gets to make it pretty. In other words I did all the cutting and assembling and she does all the sanding and varnishing.

Thanks aquandrew! Between my wife and I we had about 30 hours invested into it. We have the deal that I build things strong and she gets to make it pretty. In other words I did all the cutting and assembling and she does all the sanding and varnishing.

wow 30 hours?!? i wish i had the equipment to build my own stands. well at least you didn't have to do all the work ;) what are you planning on putting in the 125?

A tiger oscar, a pair of green terrors, a bristlenose pleco, a pair of green severum, and a striped raphael.

Did you build the stand yourself? And what are you putting in them?

Yep built myself. They are currently stocked. Just dont have a current pic.
There both grow-out tanks. In the top i have a 6-7" silver arowana, female convict and a bn pleco. Bottom i have divided. One side has 6 1" red terror. Other side has a 4" synspilium and a 4" salvini

I just couldn't justify the prices for some of the double aquarium stands I found online... So I applied my construction skills from my younger years and built one that I like better for a fraction the cost. And I have always wanted a silver arowana but none of the LFS in my rural neck of the woods can order one for me.

I just couldn't justify the prices for some of the double aquarium stands I found online... So I applied my construction skills from my younger years and built one that I like better for a fraction the cost. And I have always wanted a silver arowana but none of the LFS in my rural neck of the woods can order one for me.

I traded 4 1.5"-2" jaguar cichlids and a 12" tinfoil barb for mine. I also have a 150g tank

I have another 55 gallon aquarium that I am going to turn into a planted dwarf gourami tank. I have never done a planted aquarium so it will be an adventure.

Got it aquascaped today! Very happy with how it turned out!

Attachments

• image-2564776787.jpg
    image-2564776787.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 202
Got the glass for the top of the aquarium today and my water parameters are coming along nicely. I am thinking another week or so and I will be able to start moving fish in.

Back
Top Bottom