Double Dosing Excel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had a thread recently about BBA. I have since removed the leaves with heavy amounts on it and I'm using H2O2 to spot treat. I'm using 20ml per 40 gallons with a syringe. Is it ok to double dose on the Excel? I have heard you can but just want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly.

Don't use h2o2 and excel at the same time but for general use u can double excel with no problems at all [emoji106]

Edit: I'd be careful if you have shrimp tho they tend to slow up when using excel

Excel is very safe, fwiw I used 10x dose of excel for over a year for a planted tank. You will be fine.

How long are you running your lights daily?

I found it decreased snails over time. I think that was suspected previously as well some while back.

I've double or quadruple dosed with no issues once plants adjusted and used H2O2 to spot treat BBA.

On sensitive fish I wouldn't go over 2ppm and lately I've cut that back to 1ppm. I'm not sure if there is a long term issue.

I run my lights around 10 hours a day. Which in part is contributing to the BBA

I got rid of my snail tmaier. My girlfriend now has it because I wanted clown loaches lol.

I put 3 full droppers of liquid CO2 into my tank daily and run full CO2

When I was having alagae problems I put H2O2 into a spray bottle stuck the spray bottle in the tank and sprayed it directly on infected area about 1 inch away. 4 to 6 squirts at a time

my tank is 30 gallons for reference.. Never had any issues with either so far

I run my lights around 10 hours a day. Which in part is contributing to the BBA

I got rid of my snail tmaier. My girlfriend now has it because I wanted clown loaches lol.

Your girlfriend is alright in my book.

Back
Top Bottom