Drawf gourami bubble nest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelLover

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently restarted my 37 gallon tank to cut down on the bioload of my 55 gallon. I have three small angels one dwarf gourami and three Cory cats. The other day I noticed a mass of bubbles on top of the water and was starting to freak out thinking some type of soap got into the tank. But now I am sitting here watching this gourami blowing bubbles repeatedly in the top corner of the tank... I know that bettas do this, but gouramis? Is this normal? He's become slightly aggressive towards the angels since moving him. Did I upset him? So strange

DG will build bubble nests when they're preparing to mate. It's where they keep the eggs. If he's building a nest for you, you're doing something right. He's happy. Mine is way to feisty and cranky to build me a nest. I know he's happy, except for this dot on his head I can't figure out, but he won't build me a nest. Just one random bubble when he wants to flirt.

He must be preparing for a big Valentines day date tomorrow lol! I guess I should find him a Valentine now haha

Gouramis and bettas are actually cousins they are in the labrynth family and have a special organ allowing them to breath surface air. All gouramis and bettas mate and nest in the same fashion gouramis just aren't aggressive towards one another like bettas are. Believe it or not there are some species of gourami that look almost identical to bettas! Nothing to be alarmed about completely normal behanvior. Buy a female throw her in and watch their courtship display very beautiful

Gouramis and bettas are actually cousins they are in the labrynth family and have a special organ allowing them to breath surface air. All gouramis and bettas mate and nest in the same fashion gouramis just aren't aggressive towards one another like bettas are. Believe it or not there are some species of gourami that look almost identical to bettas! Nothing to be alarmed about completely normal behanvior. Buy a female throw her in and watch their courtship display very beautiful

Oh boy I better ask my lfs to order a mate for him he's looking very antsy lol

Lol. He's read for some. Might need a honeymoon suite with that nest.

Lmao Lets hope he's paying for this romantic occasion! Now just to find him a date... Do they make call girl services for fish?

Back
Top Bottom