Drift wood wont sink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NFrons51

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought drift wood that was supposed to be in the reptile part if the store, it's hollowed out and looked cool and I still want to put it into my tank, any advise on how to sink it

I bought drift wood that was supposed to be in the reptile part if the store, it's hollowed out and looked cool and I still want to put it into my tank, any advise on how to sink it

It may never sink. It's most likely not for aquariums. If it was for reptiles it's soft wood and I wouldn't recommend putting in the tank anyway.

Some wood won't sink, but others just has to be thoroughly waterlogged before it will sink properly. Manzanita is a good example of this.

I would say boil it a few time let it soak for week. Should sink. Convict is the wood guy. He knows best.

I would say boil it a few time let it soak for week. Should sink. Convict is the wood guy. He knows best.

HAHAHAH :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: SOOOO not sure if I like that!!!

I would boil it and soak it. BUT I have a feeling if its made for a reptile tank it's not gonna hold up too well. Give it a shot I guess and see what happens.

Lmao HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA just wanted to get a kick out of ya!!

Back
Top Bottom