Drift wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MightyO

Aquarium Advice Activist
What's the best way to treat drift wood an how long do I have to treat it

Some people says boil it in a big pot and repeat that for at least 2-5 days

The problem with throat is my piece is to big to boil

Well then i dont know sorry. I would try to cut it or return it to get a smaller one but I'm not an expert on driftwood

You've been given numerous options on how to treat, soak, wash your DW. You stated its 4 feet long. You can get a plastic heavy duty garbage pail at Home Depot cheap and its about 42" tall and wide enough. Problem solved IMO.

Another option which was suggested to you was to cut it, now I understand its your center piece BUT... Maybe cut it in a way where when you place it in the tank it can look like one piece or more natural 2 pieces laying on top of each other washed in from a small current.

The choice is yours but the options are there. Your move....

Thanks convict. I aint such an expert at driftwood >.>

Yes he does but I wish he would help me right about now

I just put heavy rocks on my drift wood until it has lost its buoyancy then I place it however I want it.

I'm not struggling anymore lol just responding to whoever comment

I agree with dizzy. Sometimes the wood has some air bubbles in it so put something heavy on it

Wait till summer and sun dry it. Wash with bleach water first then salt water for awhile. It will take weeks and if its too thick it will have a few issues with organics.

Back
Top Bottom