driftwood black in the centre?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gingimaru

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi all :)

I got some driftwood yesterday to attatch a java fern to (if i can get one) quick question though. i had to get a piece of DW that was big as thats all i could find (got it from LFS) so i sawed it in half. issue is that its black in the middle and it feels sorta like plastic? anyone know what this may be?

hi all :)

I got some driftwood yesterday to attatch a java fern to (if i can get one) quick question though. i had to get a piece of DW that was big as thats all i could find (got it from LFS) so i sawed it in half. issue is that its black in the middle and it feels sorta like plastic? anyone know what this may be?

Hi Gingimaru,

I had a similar experience yesterday. I received two pieces from petsolutions.com. One large one medium. First of all, both were the same size, so if you order from them get the medium its much cheaper. I kinda felt ripped off. Then, one of them had a hollow cave like area and when I lifted it I heard a rattle. Then I flipped it over and two ping pong sized nuggets (resembling doggy doo more than anything else) came tumbling out. They are obviously organic, but I have no clue what they are and I don't know if I should use this wood in my tank or not. Unfortunately these online establishments only get one shot from me. I will not be ordering from petsolutions.com again.

Cheers,
Doug

Back
Top Bottom