Driftwood Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazy760

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just bought a piece of malaysian driftwood and want to know how to get it aquarium ready? its around 8inches long and 4 inches wide. I already boiled it scrubbed it down is there anything else I gotta do? Thanks in advance

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Sounds good. Throw it in.

I put it in a 5 gallon bucket and its floating would it be alright to put it in my tank?

Yes, you can tie a rock to it or sit one on top of it. You can also use a stainless steal screw to attach it to a piece of slate. It will eventually stay submerged by itself. It will probably leach tannins for a while but they can be removed with PWC.

Mumma.of.two said:
Yes, you can tie a rock to it or sit one on top of it. You can also use a stainless steal screw to attach it to a piece of slate. It will eventually stay submerged by itself. It will probably leach tannins for a while but they can be removed with PWC.

Thank you ill leave it in the bucket for tonight then in the morning use the rock method hopefully when I wake up in the morning ill find it in the bottom

Back
Top Bottom