Driftwood online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trenac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking to buy some large driftwood and can't see paying $50 for one large piece at my LFS. So does anyone know of any good places online with reasonable prices?

I just saw some reasonably priced the other night. I think it was on the loaches online forum. The site was called discount aquarium decorations...they still carry those cute sewer pipe ornaments.... but the also had reasonable sized pieces of real wood for like 20 bucks..

no no everyone is wrong. Go to local lake and take a nice peice out of it.Put as hot of water as you can in the bath tub (maybe add boiled water also) clean.Let dry.Add weight to hold down in tank.Free fun project.Buying wood is a rip

kidkameleon3 said:
no no everyone is wrong. Go to local lake and take a nice peice out of it.Put as hot of water as you can in the bath tub (maybe add boiled water also) clean.Let dry.Add weight to hold down in tank.Free fun project.Buying wood is a rip

I guess it would depend on how polluted your local waterways are :)

Not only that - but better becareful and know what kind of wood your taking - some are fine in a stream but very toxic in a closed 55 gallon or so system. Also, be wary of wood which looks ok but has a few nails imbeded in it or worse yet, used to be a store for walnuts by some squirrel and poof - lots of toxicity there.

Any way - good idea for cost cutting - just be very sure you got what you barginned for. Depending how you view your fish and how much you spent on them it might be worth the $30 or so to cut your risks :)

Tom

Pollution is a good point, but me and my local buddies have doen this for years.You can find find peices that they'd want you left nut for.Rocks are another good thing to find your self

"Why buy rocks" lol, gravel maybe , stones never unless you are in a rockless area

Dude, i'm telling you, you should go check ebay for driftwoods. Cheap as hell, i got mine from this one seller "coastal-auction" or something like that, mine was 21" tall, about 14" lenght and 5" width. for only $8. The starting bid was like $3.99 and the shipping was $4. He has crap loads of driftwood on auction right now.

heres you go

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...1&ht=1&from=C3&query=driftwood&category0=1281

Back
Top Bottom