Driftwood placement!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well im planning on putting my driftwood in (one piece atleast) and I would love for your guy's opinion

IMG_20111020_162009.jpg

This is the tank right now and the dw will be leaned againts the top of the rocks on the right

Also im showin the way/angle would like to put

IMG_20111020_162430.jpg

IMG_20111020_162450.jpg

IMG_20111020_162506.jpg

IMG_20111020_162521.jpg

Im gonna try that also wats a good way to tie java fer and some moss to it I got 3 pieces of java fern n im probably gettin some moss tomorrow but dont know wat yet, also I know dwarf baby tears need strong light would it work if I tie sone high on the dw or a rock wit 2x54 w t5ho on a 75 gal

thanks well i used salt 2 cups i had it soaking in a 18 gallon rubber maid tub and i changed the water every day i also once a week i put it in the dish washer 3 times in a row i just wouldnt let it dry, also the last week i soaked it using salt and double the amount of dechlorinator i used amquel plus and i put it on a tub by it self to make sure it didnt leech any thing , and right b4 i put it in the tank i boiled it and ran it though the dish washer and then i just let it sit on some tank water for 20 min b4 tying the java fern, ive been soaking 3 pieces of wood and this one sank after 3 days the other ones haven even been closed to

it sure was a long process from the moment i got them home until today because it wanst only the soaking but also the planning on how i was gonna place it and if i was gonna attach plants or just like that

you could use java moss and tie it to the one leg on top and put the two legs going down making a tree of java moss....

i plan on using some moss but im not sure which one its the best option also i was thinking on making it stand but the flow was a little bit strong for it, also i couldnt get it to stand with out having something to hold it in place without the water flow

clear some room and make an open area leaning it against the glass with java moss on it. that way it stands up and with the java moss closer to the light it will grow fast and look beautiful. here is what mine loos like after a few month of growth.

Back
Top Bottom