Dropsy ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you look from above, do you see the scales protruding? If so, then it most likely is dropsy. If not, probably just some bloat. And epsom bloat or fasting for one day and feeding peas will help.

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

Cant see any scales petruding
The fish was a little less bloated this morning, but swimming kinda funny, kinda drunk.

now in the afternoon he seems more bloated again, but swimming a little more coordinated (kinda lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cant see any scales petruding
The fish was a little less bloated this morning, but swimming kinda funny, kinda drunk.

now in the afternoon he seems more bloated again, but swimming a little more coordinated (kinda lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds like hes bloated with some swim bladder issues from it. You can try to fast one day and feed him peas. You can also give him an epsom salt bath, works wonders to bloated fish.

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

With the bath, can i just grab a gallon of fish tank water and put him in a bucket with epson salt. How long does he need to swim in it for ?

I cant see him eating the peas, the loaches would get to them first

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

With the bath, can i just grab a gallon of fish tank water and put him in a bucket with epson salt. How long does he need to swim in it for ?

I cant see him eating the peas, the loaches would get to them first

Yes, and you want to keep him in there for about 15 minutes at most. And if they are stealing it, you can seperate and try to feed him that way.

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

Cool... Will give it a go tomorrow, midnight here atm in melbourne.
Will let u know how i go :)

Thanks

You can also try to massage the fish while giving an epsom bath, im not sure how though but youtube or google probably has some great videos about it :)

55 Gallon- Empty
220 Gallon- To come...

Hmmm.... Might end up squashing the poor guy... Will look on youtube out of curiosity though. :)

Back
Top Bottom