DrTims One and Only - an ongoing experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPillow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Evening gents,

I recently set up a 20g tall and decided to take one for the team and test the effectiveness of DrTims One and Only.

The tank is running 2 HOB filters, one with filter pads for mechanical only, and one with pads and a bag of ceramic rings. All brand new media.

The tank was set up over the weekend, water was added on Monday. I am using Prime as my conditioner. A singular fish (the most stock this tank will ever see) on Monday.

DrTims arrived on Tuesday as expected. Prior to adding, the tank had built up a small ammonia level which was my intention - the bacteria need some food don't they?

Anyways, prior to adding the product my parameters were as follows -

11/15

Ammonia - 0.25/5ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 0ppm
pH - 8.4
Temp - 86

Now, after 24 hours with the product in, I am getting the following numbers -

11/16

Ammonia - 0.25/5ppm
Nitrite - 0.5ppm
Nitrate - 5/10ppm
pH - 8.4
Temp - 86

Looking good so far, but only time will tell if this will turn out to be an overall positive experience.

Will keep you guys updated :)

Cheers!

I used his saltwater version many years ago (over 10?) with good results. But they keep it refrigerated and shipped it like live fish. This will be interesting to see.

Also: What is your ammonia source going to be? Dosing or fish?

Whoops, typo in my first post. A singular fish was added on Monday and is the ammonia source. Will keep you guys updated!

When I got home today levels were as follows

11/17

Ammonia - 0.5ppm
Nitrite - 1.0ppm
Nitrate - 10ppm

I performed a large water change to get the levels down, and will be checking everything again tomorrow to see what happens.

11/18

Ammonia - 0.25ppm
Nitrite - 1.0ppm
Nitrate - 10/15ppm

Things are moving along, will do another PWC tonight and see what tomorrow brings....

11/20

Performed a large WC after getting these numbers today -

Ammonia - 0-0.25ppm
Nitrite - 2-5ppm
Nitrate - 20ppm

Not much progress since last time.

Back
Top Bottom