Dry Fert Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tifta

Aquarium Advice Freak
This question is probably stupid question, but I am using the autodoser pps pro dosing calculator. I was wondering if the solution to mix is per dosage a day? Or is the baseline how many grams you put in as a whole in your full liter bottle?

Depends. Which calculator are you using? The one I used calculated the mixture based on volumume of ferts mixed as well as how much the dosage was per day. The larger the volume you dose per day, the less ferts you'll add to the mixture. THe smaller the daily dose, the more ferts that will be added to the water.

Best of luck, I've not tried autodosers yet.
Thanks I'll need it! I am hoping it works out good. I am just not use to dosing with dry ferts, and it seems like it doesn't take much to dose. I actually had fun putting the darn thing together! I just hope it is reliable!

You're using the same calculator I did. That's a pretty big average dose. You won't use nearly as much fertilizer like that as you would if you were only dosing 50ml a day, since the same amount will be put in either way. It'll take some tweaking once you figure out where you're at, but that'll take a couple weeks to see.

mfdrookie516 said:
You're using the same calculator I did. That's a pretty big average dose. You won't use nearly as much fertilizer like that as you would if you were only dosing 50ml a day, since the same amount will be put in either way. It'll take some tweaking once you figure out where you're at, but that'll take a couple weeks to see.

225 ml solution mixed I mean. That's how much liquid pumps out in one minute. Maybe I am doing it wrong?? But I put 10 grams of csm + b in a 5. 7 liter container.

I think you're doing it right. The calculator has inputs for the container size and the dosage size. If you averaged your dose based on the amount the pumps pushed out at tank level when the containers were full, half, and almost empty, you're good. If not, you need to, as it pumps significantly more when full than when close to empty.

I think you're doing it right. The calculator has inputs for the container size and the dosage size. If you averaged your dose based on the amount the pumps pushed out at tank level when the containers were full, half, and almost empty, you're good. If not, you need to, as it pumps significantly more when full than when close to empty.
I have tested that! Thanks so much for all the help!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom