Dry Ferts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi, i am looking into using dry ferts instead of dosing with the flourish line up. I have a 65 gal tank, dual 96 watt CFL fixture, pressurized co2, dosing flourish and flourish iron once a week. What kind of dry ferts (i am a noob when it comes to them) would you suggest, how much, how often, where to buy them, and if there is any good articles or links i would greatly appreciate them. The oldish leaves on many plants are turning a dark greenish/brown and are kind of transparent but stay like that until i cut them off, they also get skinny holes in them. some other plants leaves are curling at the tips and my tank just looks kinds of dull and brown (i posted pics of some of my plants which look lot more green and bright then they are in real life) im looking for a bright green and red tank.

Attachments

• P1210095.jpg
    P1210095.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 73
  • P1210096.jpg
    P1210096.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 69
  • P1210097.jpg
    P1210097.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 73
I assume you mean 96w PC and not cfl?

It sounds like you have multiple deficiencies going on. As far as dry ferts, you can go to Green Leaf Aquarium and pick up their basic package which has nitrates, phosphates, potassium, and micros. If you like iron, pic up some DPTA chelated Iron, which will beat the pants off of flourish iron (iron gluconate) or other iron supplements (EDTA Iron)

would reverse osmosis water play a role in that? i think i will go back to using tap water because i started noticing these signs when i switched over.

If you're not reconstituting the water to account for the minerals you too out, it very likely is contributing to your difficulties. Calcium especially might be an issue.

okay, i will start doing smaller water changes more often and switch back to tap water. our water here has loads of calcium so that might be it as well.

Back
Top Bottom