Dry Ferts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm considering dabbling in dry ferts..... I'm not sure what I should order though.

The reason I'm looking towards ferts is because I have a tad of green spot algae and a bit of black hair algae. No matter how many times I do water changes I'm only able to keep the algae at "bay." It's nothing crazy just annoying. I do hate it. A few of my sword leafs also have a a couple of pin holes in them which I know is a sign of nutrient deficiency.

So what should I order?????

Thanks darlings and dolls.

Here is a link to Greenleaf Aquarium which is where I get my dry ferts from... I usually but the macro and micro package which is a pretty good deal. Micro & Macro | Aquarium Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums

Here is also a link to dosing PPS-Pro which is what I do... https://sites.google.com/site/aquaticplantfertilizer/home/pps-pro

These are their dosing bottles which work great... Fertilizer Dispenser | 1000 mL (32 oz) | Green Leaf Aquariums

BTW... nerite snails can and will actually eat green spot algae.

I had looked very briefly at GLA. The PMDD in particular. The amount of GSA in the tank could fit on a dime...

Do you think ordering just some potassium would be enough to get rid of it?

I had looked very briefly at GLA. The PMDD in particular. The amount of GSA in the tank could fit on a dime...

Do you think ordering just some potassium would be enough to get rid of it?

If you want to go that route try just getting some of Seachems liquid Potassium fert. Unless you have a big tank. Otherwise, yes you try it and it might work. Just going to get you for shipping on one thing, I know I had to order micro last week!

Ha! That stinks! The potassium fert on amazon is about the same price I think... I probably should just order from GLA due to the size and number of tanks I have as you pointed out.

Would the PMDD be a good package to order to help fight the BBA and GSA?

Ha! That stinks! The potassium fert on amazon is about the same price I think... I probably should just order from GLA due to the size and number of tanks I have as you pointed out.

Would the PMDD be a good package to order to help fight the BBA and GSA?

I actually order the macro/micro package deal for 19.99. It has everything you need for fertilizing. Proper ferts along with the right timing of lights and using CO2 or liquid carbon is the best way to get both the algaes under control. You can also get a couple nerite snails as they are the only thing that can actually eat GSA. Also spot treat you BBA with Excel and it will turn pink/red/or white when it starts dying. Then get your ferts/light/CO2-liquid carbon balanced and you should have problems with either.

Back
Top Bottom