D's Amazing Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travis simonson

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've posted a few pics of my friend Donna's amazing freshwater planted tank before but I've never posted a full-tank shot of her amazing aquarium.

Well, here goes. This picture does not do it justice. It is simply one of the most amazing tanks I have ever seen in person. Absolutely spectacular. This is one case where her photography skills fail to capture the beauty of the scene. I'll get her to work on it though :p

Englewood_311205.jpg

:D

WOW that is amazing - I was about ready to give up on my 'attempt at a planted tank' but that has just encouraged me to work at it.

So next on shopping list: CO2 system lol

Never give up. It isn't as hard as people might make you think. D did this in six months with no prior experience. She's a natural, but anyone can do it with a little dedication :)

And, to paraphrase a line from 2001: A Space Odyssey - "Oh My God, It's Full of Shrimp!" :p

If you could see it closely you would notice that D has hundreds, possibly thousands, of cherry reds just happily grazing in the tank. Of all the shrimp raisers/breeders I know, only Piscesgirl may be better at it than D. It is just crazy to see in person.

*nods to PG and suggests an unholy alliance with D*

to paraphrase a line from 2001: A Space Odyssey
Its funny: my first thought was that it looked like an exotic world from some great sci-fi movie. What a great tank! I could only hope to make something so interesting and involving to the eye.

That is one incredibly beautiful interesting super awesome spectacular wow tank! 8O

i'm green (with envy)! i want her purple (plants)! does she have other fish or just shrimp?

The purple plant is Alternanthera reineckii "Sunset." It is actually even more brilliant when you see it in person. I'm not sure cameras are yet capable of capturing its amazing color.

Along with her shrimp colony Donna keeps some ornamental guppies, otocinclus, white clouds, and a collection of Ferrari endlers. She calls them Ferraris because of their blazing red paint jobs. Very cool little fish :) I'll see if I can convince her to send me a pic of one of them.

absolutely gorgeous. I showed my wife and told her "this is what it's supposed to look like" And she did this in 6 Months? Very inspiring. Who needs fish!

wow! that is a beautiful tank, and a very inspiring one at that! Only a few more months until I graduate and move into a more permanent home... Then I can really focus on developing a setup like that.

Back
Top Bottom