DT-display fuge-sump setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgraz

Aquarium Advice Freak
My wife has given me her blessing and I am now in the planning stages of a 75gal build. I intend to also have a display fuge with all the bells and whistles tied into the system. My intentions are to run it as follows:
Instead of buying a reef ready tank it is my intention to drill I want to drill the 75 for dual overflows. One overflow will feed to my sump located below the display. The other overflow will feed directly to a 20gal and be a display fuge located approximatly 3'-4' away. The 20gal is already outfitted with a glass-holes super nano w/teeth overflow and a 1/2" return. I figured the DT will overflow through the 1/2" return and then overflow to the sump located below the display. Then all water will return to DT. Is my planning sound? Will this work? Will the 20gal be able to handle the flow as equipped, or should I add a bigger return and overflow to it? the overflow currently installed is rated at 300gph. Any feedback is welcomed. Thanks in advance for everything.
John

Last edited by a moderator:
U could get ur fuge off on one overflow. Use a wye and run one into fuge and contol it with a ball valve

I ment to say fuge and sump off of one and incase the sump overflow on one clogs u have ur other as a backup because it goes to the sump as well

Back
Top Bottom