Duckling starting this at 3-4 weeks of age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can give it peas, that will help give the duckling niacin. It needs niacin our it will develop leg problems either soon or later on down the road.

Hmm good to know any other tips he is atleaat a week old there is a feed store down the road but I found out it's closed today :(

That will be fine. I've given mine canned peas a lot. It is like crack for them. :D Some say that you need to give powdered niacin or brewer's yeast to achieve the amount they need but I like to go for the natural stuff. They wouldn't find that other stuff out in nature, but peas and other vegetables they can.

Oh, another thing is that when you do get feed, if you can get the right kind of feed for waterfowl that would be great but a lot of times, you can't find it, and have to settle for chick starter that isn't medicated. They can't handle the amount of medication that baby chicks can.

That's great! It's nice to have a feed store that is actually knowledgeable! Chain stores usually don't have the knowledge. I always put complete trust in my feed store.

I raise ducks so what are you needing to know? I can help you better if you tell me where you got it and how old it is also. If you don't know how old a picture would help.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Less than 3 weeks more than 1.5 weeks I fed him peas for a day and half n saw red is this bad or is it niacin because it was the color of monster

And we got him from a river well I said no my friend did so now I'm eloping raise it since it's not able to return noe

Back
Top Bottom