Duckweed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
JFYI, I did search the archives for this and didn't find an answer, maybe there isn't one. I bought some giant baby tears a few weeks ago from my LFS. A little while later I noticed these leaves floating on the surface tension of the water. They are small, not 2mm, but small and they have fine little roots extending into the water and they are in groups of three. . I think it's duckweed and I don't want it in my tank. Is there any way to rid my tank of it?
My tank is 72g a=0, nitrItes=0 and nitrAtes = 5-10. Lighting is T5HO 3x54w. The tank is moderately planted with diffused CO2. I have flag fish, not for the DW but they don't touch it anyway. Any suggestions?

Start netting and picking it out NOW before it gets a foothold. The only way I've kept duckweed out of my tank was by hunting it with extreme prejudice as soon as I saw some coming. Don't stop looking after not seeing it for awhile. I had no sign of it for several months and I suddenly started finding it again.

Back
Top Bottom