Due to recent events, I'd like to request a...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
"LIKE" button be added to the forum please. The exact same thing Facebook has. Its under every thread, and comment. And once you click it once you like it, but it gives you the option to unlike again in case you change your mind. Then there's Allison the option too view a list of everyone else who like the comment/thread. And lastly it displays the amount of poeple who have like it already. I just think it would would help cut out a lot of off topic posts and simplify everything.

Again, EXACTLY LIKE FACEBOOK'S "like" button. But not attached to Facebook in any way,eg. It posts to your Facebook that you liked this or that on the forum.

I agree it would make things so much easier. In fact if our forum had one I would've just liked the above post instead of having to write all this out.

Reactions: Lt.
I have to disagree here. If you simply just hit a "like" button your really not contributing to the post at hand, and if your "dislike" something again your really not adding to the thread.

There already is a "button" you can give members credit and write why your doing it, it's nice to see on your UCP that someone has added a comment and have you a little green biz due the fact that maybe you really helped them out in a situation.

I don't think a "like" button will add anything to the already amazing family forum we have now further more I don't feel a "dislike" option will offer anything other then someone hiding behind a "status" rather then responding to the thread.

If you don't like something don't comment, if you disagree well then by all means comment, but in a civil mature way. If you like something then +1 it and comment as to why you agree!

The old saying goes here in my honest opinion. If it ain't broke why fix it.

This isn't FACEBOOK, this is a family oriented forum with many many knowledgable members eager to help others. Like or dislike what make a hill of beans IMHO.

This is just my opinion of course like it or not

;)

Oh wait.. No button, I guess your forced to respond or not....

Convict2161 said:
If have to disagree here. If you simply just hit a "like" button your really not contributing to the post at hand, and if your "dislike" something again your really not adding to the thread.

There already is a "button" you can give members credit and write why your doing it, it's nice to see on your UCP that someone has added a comment and have you a little green biz due the fact that maybe you really helped them out in a situation.

I don't think a "like" button will add anything to the already amazing family forum we have now further more I don't feel a "dislike" option will offer anything other then someone hiding behind a "status" rather then responding to the thread.

If you don't like something don't comment, if you disagree well then by all means comment, but in a civil mature way. If you like something then +1 it and comment as to why you agree!

The old saying goes here in my honest opinion. If it ain't broke why fix it.

This isn't FACEBOOK, this is a family oriented forum with many many knowledgable members eager to help others. Like or dislike what make a hill of beans IMHO.

This is just my opinion of course like it or not

;)

Oh wait.. No button, I guess your forced to respond or not....

Lol, u hav a point.

(Dislike.) Haha I do agree with you there but I think it would make things easier.

vanimal said:
(Dislike.) Haha I do agree with you there but I think it would make things easier.

I'm just trying to understand the concept. How will it make it easier? In what manner will hitting a button make things easier? It seems like it would just give members a chance or option to get less involved in a thread if they can just hit a button and move on.

That's not what this forum is about. Participation is what we thrive for not hitting "buttons"

Again just my opinion.

Convict2161 said:
I'm just trying to understand the concept. How will it make it easier? In what manner will hitting a button make things easier? It seems like it would just give members a chance or option to get less involved in a thread if they can just hit a button and move on.

That's not what this forum is about. Participation is what we thrive for not hitting "buttons"

Again just my opinion.

Well if someone has already posted something and you agree with it instead of saying "I agree with you." you could just hit the like button. Or if someone is asking a simple yes or no question a like is easier than just giving a yes.

vanimal said:
Well if someone has already posted something and you agree with it instead of saying "I agree with you." you could just hit the like button. Or if someone is asking a simple yes or no question a like is easier than just giving a yes.

I see where your going with it but I still feel getting involved in the discussion at hand is far more better then just liking it. Make sense?

If I had a thread lets say, and it went 100 posts and people are in a debate and its civil, you posted already, someone else posts and you "liked" want they said, I'm being the OP may want to know why you liked there post and why you didn't just post again.

I don't know, I feel it takes away from what the makers of this great forum have set out to do.

Convict2161 said:
I see where your going with it but I still feel getting involved in the discussion at hand is far more better then just liking it. Make sense?

If I had a thread lets say, and it went 100 posts and people are in a debate and its civil, you posted already, someone else posts and you "liked" want they said, I'm being the OP may want to know why you liked there post and why you didn't just post again.

I don't know, I feel it takes away from what the makers of this great forum have set out to do.

What about pictures I think it would work well with those too.

greenwater said:
I think AA has a FB page. Couldn't you just go there and like someone?

What? Liking someone? We were talking about a like button on this site.

vanimal said:
What about pictures I think it would work well with those too.

Pictures, someone can go to my album and post a comment or even post a comment on my profile page. Same thing no? If you like a picture of mine tell me! Tell me want you like about it, I wanna know what about it captured your eye. I just don't wanna see 10 likes, I wanna hear feed back positive or negative.

Convict2161 said:
Pictures, someone can go to my album and post a comment or even post a comment on my profile page. Same thing no? If you like a picture of mine tell me! Tell me want you like about it, I wanna know what about it captured your eye. I just don't wanna see 10 likes, I wanna hear feed back positive or negative.

What about stupid things like I just posted everything I got with my 220 and it was a great deal and I wish I could say like if your jealous.

vanimal said:

Well in the first place, i dont even think it is allowed to just say "i agree". You have to have SOME helpful content within the posts.

I think maybe, and only maybe a "like button" would be cool for pictures...but thats it. If we all simply like, say, one of Dino's long replys to a subjest, how do different ideas get shared? And if i dislike it and give no reasoning, so what purpose would this serve??

Gboy66 said:
Well in the first place, i dont even think it is allowed to just say "i agree". You have to have SOME helpful content within the posts.

I think maybe, and only maybe a "like button" would be cool for pictures...but thats it. If we all simply like, say, one of Dino's long replys to a subjest, how do different ideas get shared? And if i dislike it and give no reasoning, so what purpose would this serve??

I never said anything about dislike

We have a thanks button on every post. You can click and let the poster know that you appreciated the post or even send a more personal note. It's easy, fast and personal ;)

Janet H said:
We have a thanks button on every post. You can click and let the poster know that you appreciated the post or even send a more personal note. It's easy, fast and personal ;)

Yeah but a like button is better like Facebook and YouTube have.

Janet H said:

I can't find the "thank you" button on the app. I have to use a PC to thank somebody for a helpful posts. Seems like adding the "thank you" feature would be a better step than having a like button.

I'm personally on the fence about adding "like". I don't see any need to have it, but I'd use it if it was available.

The thanks button is a like button, not really any difference at all. They can be set up to show under the post who has liked the comment but not sure what is being run on this forum. We run a vbulletin site and it can be done on there I know you can have thanks buttons and likes and dislikes as well and it will show up under that persons comment that you have liked it or said thank you and so on.

Sorry if you already went through this I am just skim reading right now and may have overlooked it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom