due to the destruction and havoc he is causing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Fat Bastard, my electric blue crawfish, is starting to look more and more like he might be tasty dipped in butter and served with some cornbread.

GRRRR. he made me so mad today. I was cleaning his tank, replacing the anacharis he tore up. He waited patiently, watching me do this, and as soon as i removed my hand from the tank, he dug them right back up! I swear he stuck his tounge out at me when he did this.

he is a bad crawfish. i think i have also seen him give me the "claw" once or twice. And i give him such nice treats!

LOL my crawfish went AWOL on my anubias this morning. Suprised me really, i guess it shouldnt, i KNOW they like plants but wow, he's only 3/4 of an inch long and he destroyed an entire plant.

I was watching 2 blue crayfish at the LFS a few weeks ago -- they had them right in there in a 100 gal. with a bunch of other fish. I remember there were a lot of cories and I think some gouramis. They were so funny to watch, just climing up on the glass trying to reach the fish. Then one of them started climbing up on a big rock and jumping off and diving at the fish.

There was another tank that was only about 50 gal. with probably 8 regular crayfish and it was packed full of feeder comets. It was disgusting. There were just torn apart goldfish everywhere with their skeletons hanging out and the water was really dark.

Aside from the anacharis, the crayfish will likely start eating your fish eventually. I kept mine alone with silk plants because I heard a story here about someone's cray that tore up so many of their plants, it clogged a filter in the process!

Back
Top Bottom