Duncans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooknrph

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two duncans which were doing fine. Now one has changed from its normal tan color to green and closed up. Not sure what might be wrong

Any change in lighting from a LFS to your system can cause color changes in corals.
How long has it been closed up? My duncan colonies do that from time to time and open back up fine after a few hours to a day.
Have there been any changes to the system?

Changed lights from fluorescent to LEDs and all was fine for weeks. Now the duncan closest to the lights has shriveled and turned green. It opens somewhat during the day but closes up after a few hours. It's a 10g tank. 7500K and 400n lights. Also had a temp spike to 84• for two days. Water's perfect.

Going from brown to green is usually a good thing. Could possibly be the corals zooxanthellae are finally adapting to the new lighting. It's not losing flesh or expelling brown stuff right?

Duncan's are weird corals. They kinda go through open and close periods. Mine randomly closed for about a month before reopening much larger. My stupid clown also hosts mine which doesn't help lol

Back
Top Bottom