dust balls with tenticles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ntswift

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I would post a picture of these things but i cant get a good one because they are too small. Anyway it looks like a dust/dirt bb and out of the top there are tenticles or kind of like the part that comes out of feather dusters. I know its hard to say with out a picture. I'll try to get a good shot and post it. In the mean time anyone have a clue? there are a ton of them in my HOB fuge. TIA!

Are they hard? Likely a polychaete worm from the Serpulidae family. Like mini feather dusters. They are harmless filter feeders and are beneficial.

Unfortunately I cant get a good picture. :( However it's pretty soft and comes off what ever its on pretty easily. They are starting to pop up all over the place. They aren't getting any bigger though. Maybe its too soon to say that but so far they havent. Thanks for the info though!

Okay i just took a look and you were right on the nose FLUFF! They are q-tip sponges. I was just hoping they weren't an aptasia outbreak! Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom