Dwarf blue Gaurami in hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BMMathews

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi

I just introduced two dwarf gaurami into my ameturely planted 29 gallon aquarium. I've never kept bigger fish before (yes,I know relative). The occupants in the community are a few neon tetra and platties, and one algae eater. The parameters are alright except that we have hard water here in Tucson (told that is perfectly okay). The two either roam the back of the aquarium or hide at the bottom. They are only 24 hrs old in the tank. They haven't really eaten anything, as they run away anytime I try to feed them; and the other greedybags gobble the food (they will die from overfeeding for sure if this keeps up, Im worried).

What now? Am I being too rushed? Will they be okay not eating for a few days?

Thanks. I'm only one year into fish and had success only in past 6 months to have a successful aquarium with fish that seem to live and thrive.

Help?!

Hi your gourami's have only just arrived they may need a little time to settle so at only 24 hours i would not worry to much. just keep eye on them if they not eating after 3/4 days then it may signal a problem.

Thank you. I will keep an eye. They have ventured out more but still keeps going into hiding. So hopeful. Thank you once more

Back
Top Bottom