Dwarf cichlid tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tsaye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I decided to have dwarf cichlids in my 55 gal. I was going to have African cichlids but I like community tanks. I like some from south American and west African groups. Can they be mixed? Also would like some suggestions for tankmates. I read they like dither fish in the tank to make them feel secure. Any brightly colored unique fish I could have with them? Also what kind f bottom dweller could I have? I seen upside down catfish at the LFS that I really liked, would they be compatable?

Cardinal or neon tetras are colorful. Albino bristlenose pleco is a nice bottom feeder.

What style tank are you setting up for them? I'm assuming you speak of the Apistogrammas when you say Dwarf Cichlid.

Oh okay, I didn't know there was a Cichlid section, I'm new to hear still trying to find my way around! Yes I like the ram cichlids, it's a 55gal long and I had already ordered 4 kits of flat rocks to make caves and such for when I thought I would be getting African Cichlids. Ill post this is in the Cichlid forum, thanks for the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom