Dwarf Gourami and Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldenPlecTony

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello,

This is a post to see if Guppies and Gouramis are compatible. I realise each fish has its own personality so some Gouramis may be a little agressive here and there but it was just a discussion to get peoples experiences of keeping them...

I have a 5ft 55g community tank only 75% stocked. Only thing I wanted to add were Guppies. Running a Fluval 405 filter.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

(Apologies in advance if this has been discussed I tried the search and couldnt find anything)

Cheers

Hi, I have guppies in with my pearl gourami without any problems, they just ignore each other. But like you say everyone is different. Mines been together for a year :)

Thanks Shelly. My flame dwarf was a little hostile towards my previous gourami but I only had 2 in a 90L... So im putting it down to them competing for space. I have 3 in my 5ft and they get on nicely. The odd little chase now and then but nothing major. I miss my guppies lol I really want some more. What tank set up do you have?

Mines 55gallon, I have my snakeskin guppies, pearl gourami, sailfin Molly, bn, bulldog plec & my elephant nose is in their at the moment. So I have a strange mix lol with no problems. I like the guppies their so active :)

If you have a female guppy that is old enough to be pregnant with lots of males, then yes, they will breed crazy. :)

I have two tanks of guppies here with assorted variety (and loving it since they have their own colors, it is so fun to watch) and each tank have like 2-3 females in it, and every other week, I saw them females pregnant, and the next time I look, the tanks have new frys. :) So yeah.

And oh, when I first got my first batch of guppies, I added them to a tank that has a blue 3-spot gourami but he immediately went after them, so that shows me that my guppies were not safe with him, so I transferred him to my other tank. And all the guppies have their own world multiplying. :-D

Thanks for this. I may have to hold out on getting the guppies as I only have 1 tank set up at the moment so if any agression did occur I couldnt move them to another tank.

Shame.

I have guppies and dwarf Gouramis together without a problem, but like you said, each fish has it's own personality

Back
Top Bottom