Dwarf Gourami Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waynehandley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All

I have 3 Royal red Dwarf Gouramis. But recntly one of them seemed to lose its colour and lose all its weight. I was concerned that he was not getting any food ( though i have never known a Gouromi not get enough food) anyway i decided to get a quarantine trap and feed him on his own. Unfortunately by the time i got home from the shop he had died. My concern is that my other gouramis might start to show the same symptoms. They are fine at the moment but i don't want to lose any more. Any advice would be appreciated

What size tank?

Is the tank cycled?

What are your water parameters?

What else is in the tank?

How long have you had these 3 fish?

Just lost blue dwarf gourami this morning - found him hanging in tank, slightly swollen stomach. Moved to quarantine and he was gone in 2 hrs. Just like that. Was happy for over a year in 20 US gall high tank with 4 black widow tetras, 6 neons, pleco and 2 cories. Acknowledge slightly overcrowded but some were unavoidable relocations. All got on well together. Only differences in environment in last few days - high humidity alternating with cool (NSW flooding again) and question: I trimmed the ribbon weed at last water change. Will that do anything to the water?
Are your fish new? Some of my early fish lost colour and died if I had water problems.

Hi All

I have 3 Royal red Dwarf Gouramis. But recntly one of them seemed to lose its colour and lose all its weight. I was concerned that he was not getting any food ( though i have never known a Gouromi not get enough food) anyway i decided to get a quarantine trap and feed him on his own. Unfortunately by the time i got home from the shop he had died. My concern is that my other gouramis might start to show the same symptoms. They are fine at the moment but i don't want to lose any more. Any advice would be appreciated

yer...had a red n blue dwarf gourami aswell...in a 3ft tank..my red one died along with my angel fish..because i cleaned the filter out with different water n a week later fishes started to die...my blue one died 2 months later...i have a habbit of over feeding. but change my water weekly but have a crappy small filter :( converting to sumps now much better filters... i recond dwarf gouramis are cool but there abit fragile...i now leaning towards catfish n loaches ..there more hardier

Back
Top Bottom