Dwarf Gourami Protective?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRaid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have recently took on the responsibility of taking care of a dwarf gourami. The lady at petsmart said they would be good with community fish. He appears to be fine in the tank with the fish but when it comes to feeding time he changes completely. He will try to gobble up all the fish flakes as fast as possible before the other fish can eat them and also chase them off. Im having the same problem with the algae wafers. He will guard them after hes finished the flakes so my loaches and albino catfish arent getting anything to eat either. Is this normal behavior with these fish?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130401_121041.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130401_121041.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 64
I have one also, I have not noticed mine doing that at all. I have had mine for I'd say about 4 months or so. Could be because he is worried he will not get enough food. I would keep an eye on him for sure. Try putting food in different spots. I have one fish who likes to steal my algae wafers from my pleco, usually I feed the other first first then drop the algae wafer down and that helps stop the other guy from trying to steal it.

Try some of the sinking pellets for the cats

I shall try both ideas nd see how things work out. I had to get rid of my two platys because he ripped off their fins o_O

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom