Dwarf Gourami- Yes or No?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyWater2525

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi!

I have a fully cycled 20g high tank that houses Skirt Tetras and a Molly. I plan to add Harlequins, but can I add a Dwarf Flame Gourami? Will he get too big or aggressive? This is the stocking list I was thinking on:

1-Molly
6-Skirt Tetras
6-Harlequin Rasboras
1-Dwarf Flame Gourami

Aqadvisor says I'm 85% stocked. Could I do this and up both my schools by one? Or will it be too much?
Thank You!!!!!
I'm sorry for posting so much on stocking, but I'm so excited!

If you add the gourami your tank is going to be stocked full IMO. Do watch if you add one to be sure the skirts don't nip at it's feelers. Just so you know molly's can grow quite large, some up to 5 or 6", and carry a large bio-load.

Thanks! Yes, I know Mollies can grow quite large, but this one is 2 years old and maxed out at 3"!!!:D I guess I got lucky.....:angel:
I was also thinking maybe doing 2 schools of fish and leaving the Molly as the centerpiece... Before I forget, can I add any types of shrimp?

You could possibly add a couple ghost shrimp or a Flower/Bamboo shrimp. Any small shrimp like Red cherry shrimp would most likely be killed and eaten.

Ok, Thanks!!!! I guess I'll stick with 2 schools and the Molly with maybe a couple bottom dwellers! Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom