Dwarf gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To save you the trouble of researching it, I will give you the answer myself: No. Most online profiles of the DG will show that it needs 10 gallons or more < That is false.

A Dwarf Gourami needs at least a 20 gallon tank minimum as being as active as it is and how it is not really that aggressive in bigger tanks like 20+ gallons.

Try a Honey Gourami instead - Just as cool, and not really aggressive at all.

IME, a lot of dwarf guorami don't live very long and die from tons of things. I have been told by many people to stay away from dwarfs ... stick with the real thing

Honey gouramis aren't as aggressive as DGs. They are a lot hardier too. Nowadays most gouramis are inbred with weak strains and with LFS conditions it's not going to keep them very healthy and will leave them lethargic w/ weak immune systems. And I don't think a 10 Gallon is a suitable home for a DG in the first place.

If you don't want a honey gourami, you could try a trio of sparkling gouramis.

What other fish are in this tank though?

2 pigmy Corey's I know they need six . And a guppy I'm getting six neons in feb when I get the gourami still deciding but I will only have 1 male gourami dwarf honey or sparkling

IMO you need a trio of sparkling gouramis for them to be happy.

With your planned stock I wouldn't get anything else. Six pygmy cories, a guppy, and six neons kind of maxes out your tank capacity swim-wise and space wise.

Back
Top Bottom