Dwarf Gouramis and Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shark_Bait

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all, I have 2 dwarf gouramis and 2 neon blue dwarf gouramis. I bought them before i read about their territorial habits. Surprisingly they manage to get along well despite the occasional chase away from a corner of the tank. BTW my tank is 55 gal. My question is this. I have read many posts and i have come up with the fact that dwarf gouramis and angelfish CAN get along as long as the personalities do not conflict. So now my question. How many angelfish should i get? I want at least 1 male and 1 female. Will just 2 work?:thanks:

Just two is probably fine, but be aware that if they become a breeding pair, the aggression level in your tank is likely to become unmanageable with that situation. Maybe try 2 females?

well i have a vacant hospital so if they do become a breeding pair, i guess i could move them to the hospital tank right?

I would think a few angels would work. You cant really sex them so you will not be picking a sex. I have kept angels with pearl gouramis without incident. I imagine they will do ok with dwarfs.

I would think a few angels would work. You cant really sex them so you will not be picking a sex. I have kept angels with pearl gouramis without incident. I imagine they will do ok with dwarfs.

I believe as long as they are not around tiny fish that they could eat, they will be ok

Back
Top Bottom