Dwarf hair grass help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathenrauch

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396740759.521929.jpg I don't know why but my hair grass hasn't grown right I feel it look browning but yet springing up new shoots idk what to do lighting finnex planted plus 10 gallon and root tabs

The lighting is not bright enough for dh. The dh is just able to survive and spread. They need high light so I would upgrade to a brighter fixture.

You should look into flourish comp and /or API leaf zone, than a liquid carbon like excel or API co2 booster! These should help immensely, your shrimp will be fine!

Both would be best, micro and macro nutrients done simply;) liquid carbon too

haha sounds like it gets expensive fast how often do you treat

haha sounds like it gets expensive fast how often do you treat
this is it.. Money moneyyyy moneyyyyyy, if you want a purty tank.. Dose according to directions on bottle, the liquid carbon gets pricey, you can get metricide 14 off amazon or eBay, it's twice as strong as excel or booster..

The ray 2?

Yes I've had success in growing dh with the ray2. I also would recommend dosing ferts and liquid carbon. Leaf zone is ok but it's not too strong and effective as other such as the dry-ferts on GLA. Excel is good but I use metricide 14 which is twice as strong and does an overall better job than excel.

It grows best with High Light and injected CO2.

But you also need to trim it to keep it looking nice. And that can be messy. There are vids on YouTube AFAIK on how to trim and keep clippings from going all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom